View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 09:27 AM   #30
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Folks who can't refrain from being patronising for no reason on a topic they have no interest in have mine.
There was a reason and patronizing is in the eye of the beholder.

You may not remember the "LCD's will kill your eyes" nonsense debates of the past. Nor the "most folks are going to read their ebooks on phones and tablets" debates of the past.

Or how MANY times "color eInk is going to be here real soon now" debates.

But I do.

And now, after all this time - we get a decently made device by a major vendor - and I'm truly happy for those who COULD NOT stand a tablet because it really did hurt THEIR eyes.

They have my sympathies for having this condition, and at least now they can have washed out, 16 levels of grey, 4096 color reading.

Meanwhile, the masses have been enjoying full color reading, video, etc. on their tablets and phones. There never was a problem for the eyes of the vast majority.

So, now it's finally here. And for those whom this very poor level of color is all they get in a format suitable for there eyes - I do have sympathy for them.

Kind of like how I'm one of those people that gets sick playing modern video games. Poor me. The games look so fun to play, but I get quite ill with motion sickness. So, I'm excluded from something that most people have no problem with.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote