View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 04:26 AM   #2
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post

I wonder about the warranty, though. Usually warranties are voided the moment a user cracks open their device. Will Kobo allow self-repair AND intact warranties if you use official repair kits? What do you think? (It's probably NOT very likely. haha)

IMO it would not make much sense to announce a partnership with a respected proponent of repairability and then say "but using them will still void your warranty" Much like the greenwashing with the recycled plastics, it would make more sense to me if this were Kobo trying to establish a point of difference and stress their "we're the good guys" position.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote