View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 11:41 PM   #1
CleanYourNibs
CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleanYourNibs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobos, Kindles, Boox, a Nook and a Sony
Functioning Ways to Sync/Mirror a Library?

I have a NAS set up, and I'd like to be able to put books on there, syncing the library to a given ereader with a button. Ideally it'd be as simple as it is to drag and drop a folder on any desktop OS where many of the files already exist: it gives the choice to replace or skip, and then moves over all the new files.

However, it seems that SSH is deprecated, and I'm unsure if FTP is supposed to be working—I can't get it to work with another FTP server I have access to, and my NAS is currently only running SMB anyway.

I'd be open to trying to do this with Calibre, but I have a specific layout for my folders in KOReader which isn't the one Calibre suggests; I use /Books/Firstname Lastname/[Titles].epub, whereas Calibre seems to use more subfolders and insists on Lastname, Firstname.

With all of that in mind, what are the ways to "sync" books across devices, and which one seems like it'd let me keep the layout and workflow I like? Or is there no way that'd fit my goals, meaning I should stick with using a cable and a computer?
CleanYourNibs is offline   Reply With Quote