View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 03:01 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbowen View Post
Probably not, since about everywhere I've uploaded the book to (Kobo, B&N, Amazon, D2D) it ends up stripping out the fonts and replacing them. So, attempting to match the look & feel of the print edition was wasted effort. Still, I tried.
You cannot get the look & feel of a pBook with an eBook using an eInk Reader. It's just not possible.

There are a lot of things in a pBook that don't work well in an eBook.I do hope you can fix some of these thing that can be a problem. Don't have any overall L/R margins. Do not have any line-height in CSS. No drop caps. Keep all font sizes at least 1em except for small caps. When simulating small caps, use a size of 0.8333em. Don't use a chapter header with an overly large amount of wasted space. The margins, line height, and font sizes are the most important. There are more things not to do but I won't go into it.

I've had a look at your fonts and personally, I would rip them out. I don't see any need for them. Most fond used for the main body font just don't look good enough on an eInk screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote