Thread: TCL NxtPaper 11
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 10:09 AM   #92
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Do you use the reading mode (the black and white mode)?

At first it made me laugh, but I've started using it for reading. I guess the difference is not pronounced at all when you're well-rested/not-tired but I've tried it once after a few hours of work with computer and it felt better. I still don't know if there's any science behind this, but now I prefer the B&W mode for reading. Somehow the color mode feels like 3D image, where the B&W makes it really flat easier to focus on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT:
As for the science part: There's definitely nothing special about the display. The "Reading mode" can be activated on any Android device via developer options "Simulate colour space: Monochromacy". In fact when I toggle the reading mode it affects the developer setting. One thing I'm curious about is that the dev setting is applied instantly whilst the reading mode has a long transition. It seems to be just a fancy effect to let you believe there's something unique happening.

Nonetheless I'm surprised but the Monochromatic mode feels better for reading.

Last edited by plusz; 04-09-2024 at 02:22 PM.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote