View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 06:59 PM   #662
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrichor View Post
Trying to convert B0BHPS3DK9, I get a bunch of nav_container representation has extra data errors.
Thanks for the bug report. That book is unusual in that it has an enhanced table of contents with images and descriptions. (See the attached image from the Kindle for iOS app.) I have only ever seen that before in Kindle magazines. I am curious about how the authors were able to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrichor View Post
Commenting out the check_empty() calls for nav_container and nav_container representation results in a seemingly valid ePub. Obviously that's a hack, but I wanted to confirm there weren't additional problems.
Your hack is fine since there is no EPUB equivalent to the Kindle enhanced TOC. I will update the plugin to ignore this data in the next release.

ADDED: I will update the plugin to create Kindle-specific markup in the NCX file with the descriptive text when producing an EPUB from this book so that nothing is lost. This extra data will be discarded by calibre unless the "From KFX" toolbar action is used.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	207291  

Last edited by jhowell; 04-01-2024 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Change in plan
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote