Thread: TCL NxtPaper 11
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 05:36 PM   #91
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Nothing further from the truth. It was a real success, everyone wanted them. I guess you're from USA where majority of people love horribly unusable iPhone. Up to you, and your opinion.

By the way, my Lumia even received update to Windows 10 I don't use it as a daily driver because it doesn't have fast internet, not even LTE. There is a refreshed hardware, Microsoft Surface Duo, but it's bulky and impractical. I don't like foldable phones. Besides, Microsoft had killed it's mobile market, and nobody is going to invest again in developing apps for it.
This is nothing to do with TCL nxtpaper11.

Nokia off loaded their phone division to MS, which (Nokia) had started going off the rails in 2003 with abandoning S80 for the poorer S60. They sold it because the switch to Windows Phone and MS messing around on changed from Win mobile 6.5, to 7 and disaster of Win 8 meant that Windows phone was doomed. Nokia still exists (the Nokia badge is licensed to TCL) doing Infrastructure. MS destroyed Windows phone trying to converge things that couldn't be.
Final nail in the coffin. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window...dows_10_Mobile
Quote:
Windows 10 Mobile emphasized software using the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), which allowed apps to be designed for use across multiple Windows 10-based product families with nearly identical code, functionality, and adaptations for available input methods.[59][60][61] When connected to an external display, devices could also render a stripped-down desktop interface similar to Windows on PCs, with support for keyboard and mouse input.[62][63] Windows 10 Mobile featured Skype message integration, updated Office Mobile apps, notification syncing with other Windows 10 devices, support for the Microsoft Edge web browser, and other user interface improvements.[53][64][65] Microsoft developed a middleware known as Windows Bridge to allow iOS Objective-C and Android C++ or Java software to be ported to run on Windows 10 Mobile with limited changes to code.[66][67][68]

With the diminishing interest and application development for the platform, Microsoft discontinued active development of Windows 10 Mobile in 2017,[19] and the platform was declared end of life on January 14, 2020.

And, no, I'm not a fan of iOS/Apple or Android. But Windows Phone by 2014 was rubbish and with Windows 10 Mobile in 2015 they destroyed it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_Mobile
Note Alcatel was one of few Win10 phones. Alcatel phones since the start have been TCL.
Quote:
After many user complaints, Microsoft started allowing users to downgrade from Windows 10 Mobile to Windows Phone 8.1
and the money:
Quote:
According to Microsoft's 2016 fiscal year,[100] the revenue from the company's smartphone division was $3,358 million, a 44% loss when compared to $7,702 million in 2015.
It wasn't sustainable. No-one wanted it. It was rubbish.

My best phone was my Nokia N9210i Communicator (S80, the last Nokia Symbian phones were the inferior S60). My old Sony Ericsson Z1 Android 4.1 finally lost Playstore access this year and it was the next decent phone.

Once MS had 50% in USA with Win CE phones and PDAs. They threw it away. They bought the Danger Sidekick and messed it up too.

Anyway, none of this is anything to do with TCL Nxtpaper11

Last edited by Quoth; 04-01-2024 at 05:38 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote