Thread: TCL NxtPaper 11
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 11:59 AM   #87
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
There's almost no point to Android or iOS on a tablet, to run phone Apps

Windows on ARM is 100% fit as personal computer. If not Windows, then what? Linux is useless on touch screens, so Windows is the best as it's the only desktop OS with touch interface.
The legacy apps that are why people run windows are x86 or x86-64. They run badly on an emulator on ARM.

Linux with touch is no worse than Windows with touch. Both are pointless on a laptop. I've used both on an actual tablet and on a Lenovo X201 convertible laptop/tablet which runs current Linux mint (and touch) better than Windows 7 which was on it originally.

Anyway the TCL Nxtpaper14 will be Android.

I use a laptop or a workstation for serious content creation. I used Windows for nearly 25 years, and since Jan 2017 almost exclusively Linux. I've run Debian on x86 Win10 tablet and it was no worse than Windows. Windows is actually poor on a tablet/touch mode. You need keyboard and mouse. Also ARM is pointless for Windows. I can run a wider range of native ARM apps in Linux than Windows.

An Android tablet is for reading etc.

Windows phone is/was a failure. Windows ARM is a failure.

I totally agree that Android is poor and it's Android 13 PC mode is half baked.

Last edited by Quoth; 04-01-2024 at 12:04 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote