View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 04:50 PM   #8
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
However loads of Android epub apps not only don't have those but are essentially like reading on PalmOS, totally broken CSS and font support!
Yeah, I remember when I first found Lithium (when it had < 10K installs), I searched "epub" on Google Play and tried nearly every one of the ~40 apps in search of one with a decent interface and rendering.

The only other apps that were even close were Boox, Prestigio, and PocketBook. Moon+ is okay-ish, but it kind of just throws the kitchen sink at everything and doesn't do anything particularly well.

I liked Lithium at first sight, and when I started patching it, I liked it even more. It's very well-designed internally (unlike pretty much any other e-book app I've looked at apart from Libby), and since it's written in Java, it's much easier to patch to add major features than Kobo lol. Ever since then, I've been tweaking it until it's perfect...

The last big things on my TODO list are reworking pagination (for the highlight fix, for better FXL support, for faster chapter loads, for spreads on landscape, and better position saving especially while changing fonts), PDF support (using PDF.js), and some tweaks to make it work better with EPUB3 stuff.

Last edited by geek1011; 03-30-2024 at 06:03 PM.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote