View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 09:54 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
How is this not considered a major bug. Anytime an ereader fails to display text, then it needs to be treated as a bug.
For what is is worth, since you state this is a bug, please point out where in the ePub specification in any of it's flavours does it specify displaying text in multiple columns the way that you appear to want.

As part of one project, I spend quite a bit of time playing with the column count (column-count=2, etc.) and, the results were not satisfying. I did find an epub.js implementation in a demo ePub3 ebook that worked quite well but the number of ereaders/apps that supported it could be counted on the toes of one foot.

When I tried to use a list in two columns, what I wanted was page 1 to show:
Code:
AA  |  AC
AB  |  AD
Whereas what I got was:
Code:
AA  |  AN
AB  |  AO
Please not that this displayed all the text, just not in the order I was expecting.

If you want multiple columns, the only reliable way I've found to have multiple columns emulate the look of a physical book, is to create a fixed layout ebook (ePub3 FLO, PDF, whatever).
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote