View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 08:30 PM   #145
embryo
Fanatic
embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.embryo calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by edojan View Post
It all works fine, except the page numbering is all over the place after the syncing.
It appears that all devices do page counting in their own way (I am guessing this is because of the very nature of the epub format, as well as the screen size and resolution differences).
Yes, you're right. This is a known issue.
It can happen even if you use only one reader.
If you highlight something and then change the font size, the numbering of the pages changes too.
The next highlighting will use the new page number.

There is an ongoing effort from the KOReader developers, to re-structure/re-implement the way the highlights/bookmarks/annotations are stored in the metadata file, and one side-effect might be the re-calculation of the page numbers when the formatting of the page changes.

But unfortunately, this does not solve your problem of synced highlights.
The only workaround I can think of, is to sort the highlights by date.

If you have any other idea, I'm open to suggestions (that don't require the re-writing of the whole program.. )
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote