View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 11:11 PM   #1
ogdredweary
ogdredweary began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Errno 98 Address already in use when trying to use --enable-auth option in the CLI

Not really sure what I'm doing wrong here, but I set up my content server a few months ago and it was local-only while I figured out my reverse-proxy and self-signed certificate. I actually had a bit of a snag with that and left it for a time, only going back to it now to try again and research the error some more. But it unexpectedly worked, and put my entire library on the internet available to anyone (for now, I've shut down the container on my hypervisor so the library isn't currently accessible online...or on my network).

Before that though, I tried to enable-auth, but it didn't work and gave me the following
Code:
Failed to bind to :: with error: No socket could be created -- (('::', 8080, 0, 0): [Errno 98] Address already in use). Trying to bind to the default interface: 192.168.1.3 instead
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/srv/loop.py", line 493, in initialize_socket
    self.do_bind()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/srv/loop.py", line 487, in do_bind
    raise OSError(msg)
OSError: No socket could be created -- (('::', 8080, 0, 0): [Errno 98] Address already in use)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/calibre-server", line 21, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
             ^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/srv/standalone.py", line 245, in main
    server.serve_forever()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/srv/loop.py", line 551, in serve_forever
    self.initialize_socket()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/srv/loop.py", line 503, in initialize_socket
    self.do_bind()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/srv/loop.py", line 487, in do_bind
    raise OSError(msg)
OSError: No socket could be created -- (('192.168.1.3', 8080): [Errno 98] Address already in use)
I'm fairly new to Linux and am a little out of my depth here, any and all help is appreciated.
ogdredweary is offline   Reply With Quote