View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 05:39 PM   #42
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Chef View Post
For people who selected "Yes," how many of you edit the actual book itself vs just editing the metadata/cover photo? I consider there to be a distinction between the two, and I suspect more people are doing just the latter than the former.
I don't regard "editing" the metadata as editing the book at all. See library management for a physical book library, or media rental library, or a document management system for archived documents (which can be mix of scanned paper and files). You edit the metadata so you can find stuff. With those it's actually forbidden to edit the content.

I check the metadata, and edit if needed, on
every ebook added. Sometimes it's just making title case or having Author consistent. Also I have to always set if PD or purchased or copyright but free or our own under "Owner" and set the "Collection". I don't use the imported tags directly. Also many ebooks have the ebook release date (Gutenberg or bought) and I set original publication date.

Editing a ebook is to me editing the HTML and CSS. At most changing punctuation on imported ebooks. Any editing of actual visitble content is only done on our own content, or reformatting web content in the wordprocessor, or rewriting old translations of myth & legend well into PD (usually just grammar and archaic usage). I'd not edit the content of an ebook as an ebook, but only in a Wordprocessor.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote