View Single Post
Old 03-12-2024, 07:22 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_pluto View Post
Hey ya'll, so I am in the midst of a trying to figure something out with the css of my epubs. (for background info, I have a kobo sage)

I really like my the first line of the first paragraphs in chapter/section to have "font-variant: small-caps" using first-line pseudo element, I also like to have page breaks before subheadings/section titles when they occur in the middle of a chapter.

My dilemma is this: I understand kepubs do not support page breaks, and epubs do, but one thing I have not been able to figure out is if epubs support the pseudo element first-line. I know for sure kepubs do, as I've had that working for a while, but I haven't been able to get first-line working on epubs..... Is there a way to get this to work?

edit to add in case it matters, these are all epub3s....
Kobo uses two different programs to render ePub and KePub. Pseudo elements do not work with ePub. Also, small-caps do not work with ePub.

If KePub does not like your page breaks, then the only thing you can do is use the editor to split the pages as needed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote