View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 12:05 AM   #5
yardleyse
yardleyse began at the beginning.

Device: BLU Advance 5.0, Lenovo Tab 7, Kindle PW4, BLU Vivo 5 Mini, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
As a recent ex-android 5.1 user, I can totally understand. I've had 5.1 on my main phone for almost nine years since late 2015/2016 until last december. Last time I needed a more recent browser for it, I had to test a bunch of versions from the apk mirrors, until I got a working update to my Brave browser, which is a chromium -based more featured alternative.

BTW, I noticed recently that the Content Server also doesn't like my desktop browser anymore - Waterfox Classic.

Now I'm planning to migrate to Waterfox current or maybe Vivaldi.
I know I should upgrade as well but I just can't give up on ol' BLU. After I went though 1/2 dozen different phones/tablets to replace my PW4, I found my old BLU Advance 5.0 stuffed in the bottom of a drawer. I flashed the ROM, replaced the battery, and now, it's my ideal e-reader. Its size is one step up from a mini, it's lightweight and the screen can fit more than two paragraphs of text.

It's the only device I use for reading and this is the first real hiccup I've had with the content server, so I'll just have to forego any future upgrades and keep ol' BLU happy.
yardleyse is offline   Reply With Quote