View Single Post
Old 03-02-2024, 05:26 PM   #107
KindleAZWorKFX
Connoisseur
KindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it isKindleAZWorKFX knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition and Samsung 10.1 tablet
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmoore View Post
Take a look at https://github.com/ping/libby-calibre-plugin/pull/17 and see if it helps
https://github.com/ping/libby-calibre-plugin/pull/17

I took a look at this page, it sounds like importing the downloaded zip file plugin without unzipping it might be the cause from the comments, but since I didn't directly download this from the calibre forums, I am not sure that applies since I used the get plugin download feature within calibre itself, and I didn't directly download most of them from this forum, I normally install most of the plugins directly from calibre's plugin download system.

Quote:
spicefather commented last month

Seems like you might be using the repo zip directly, you do need to unzip that and re-zip it as noted in my comment above. Once unzipped, go into the calibre-plugin folder, select everything, and create zip (7-zip or Windows' "Send to > Compressed folder" should both be fine).
this comment is the one I am referring to, since I don't need to uncompress or do a 7-zip thing with the plugin, I should not have to unzip the one that was downloaded with Calibre's plugin download system I think, it a bit confused me. but it almost sounds like a different problem.

my error does not have this in it below, from that page link.

Quote:
calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin: The plugin in 'D:\\Documents\\libby-calibre-plugin-main.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file
this page some what matches to the main code on that page,

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.models", line 1077, in data
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 337, in parse_datetime
ValueError: time data '2019-12-03T00:00:00' does not match known formats ('%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%SZ', '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%fZ', '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%z', '%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.%f%z', '%m/%d/%Y')
but that page has a few lines in the traceback that mine did not have if that matters, below in bold is the only matching traceback line, the rest of them I didn't get in my error.

Quote:
File "calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 82, in start_work
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.ebook_downloa d", line 59, in __call__
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.download", line 253, in add
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.download", line 97, in update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_libby.libby.client" , line 337, in parse_datetime

Last edited by KindleAZWorKFX; 03-02-2024 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added more detail.
KindleAZWorKFX is offline   Reply With Quote