View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 11:08 AM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
But I've read your messages again. I think you mean that, if a paragraph starts with

— «

Then you don't want to make any changes in that paragraph. However, if it doesn't start with those characters, and later in the paragraph there is

. «

Then you want to break the paragraph after the full stop, and have a new paragraph, with a — inserted at the start?

so

— « I'm speaking », said the man. « don't interrupt! »

Should be left alone but

He came through the door. « I'm here », he said.

should be changed into

He came through the door.
— « I'm here », he said.

Is that right?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote