View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 05:13 AM   #7
reinsley
Connoisseur
reinsley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Gents, thank you for your patience.

My explanation was tortuous.
I am fitghing against .space«space that must be modified or not. It must be avoided IF Em dash is after the two HTML marks AND found IF after a descriptive sentence.
Your negative lookbehind examples are useful, the academic theory on the help site is not easy to grasp. I'm going to mix them to fix the problem, if possible.

Two dialogue structures :

struc#1 ( no detection of .space«space )
<p class="calibre8"> <span class="calibre3"> — « There is a sentence ending with a comma », said the man.space«spaceThen a second sentence of the same character blahblahspace».</span> </p>

stucs#1 comments : <p class= > <span class= > emdashspace«space is the first part of the dialogue THEN there is .space«space for the second part of the dialogue of the same character. No need to find this occurence ( I mean .space«space because the same character speaks and he adds few words ).

struc#2 ( detection of .space«space is needed )
<p class="calibre8"> <span class="calibre3"> There is a long descriptive sentence, of variable lenght.space«spaceThen the dialogue starts blahblah and end withspace».</span> </p>

stucs#2 comments : The new character does not speak at once, there is a long description of the scene. Then the character speaks. The Em dash is missing before .space«space for the start of the dialogue.
I need to grab this one to add a CR and a Em dash.
reinsley is offline   Reply With Quote