View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 05:56 PM   #26
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If I was to download the eBooks in KFX to a PW, would I get an AZW6 even if it's just for the cover and titlepage graphics?
AZW6 is only ever delivered in conjunction with KF8 (AZW3) format. In some cases the KF8 file has low resolution images and the AZW6 file has better quality versions of the same images. In other cases the KF8 file will be missing the images that are present in the AZW6 file, saving storage.

KFX uses a different system. It splits large books into multiple files of up to a few megabytes each. The number of files needed for each book varies based on the reading device/app due to differing image quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This playing games with graphics really needs to stop. We pay our money and expect to get the full eBook and that includes the graphics at full resolution.
I don't think that Amazon agrees with you on that.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote