View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 06:17 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Oddly. I've seen very few CSS errors in ebooks downloaded from Amazon and processed by KindleUnpack. For the most part, despite Jon's endless comments, most of the errors that ADE will dump the stylesheet for are items such as missing ;'s at the end of a line in the middle of a class. It does a decent job of treating unsupported items as no-ops.

The benefits are mostly just un-bloating the code though since an epub is a .zip container, you have to do major surgery to see a noticeable change in the size of the epub.

I do some basic editing on my ebooks (removing absolute measurements, color codes for black or white text, setting the basic paragraph style to my preferences, etc.) but few require major surgery though one recent example had individual stylesheets for each paragraph that set the viewport size and nothing else while inline styles were used for all other styling. Deleting the mass of stylesheets and using Sigil's inline style converter worked rather well for that ebook.
I've been editing some eBook recently that has a proper CSS but for indents has inline styles. Very stupid and very annoying. Would Sigil's inline style converter create new classes because of these indents or would they be added to the correct class?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote