View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 03:50 PM   #1
Drummas
Drummas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Drummas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Drummas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Drummas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Drummas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Drummas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Drummas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Drummas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Drummas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Drummas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Drummas can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4
This is how you enable OPDS

I bought an Inkpad 4 (PB743G) a couple of days ago, confident that it would have OPDS to access my personal library sitting on my NAS, after testing the android app and seeing it mentioned in a couple of reviews.

To my frustration, I soon discovered that this was not the case anymore and OPDS was only available to devices sold on the Russian market.

Not willing to give up, I took a deep dive into the file structure of the device and today I managed to enable it, so I'm sharing it with this community from which I have learned so much in the last couple of days.

Please keep in mind that the process that I am about to describe bellow might be missing a few steps as I did not remember to take notes of everything I was doing, but it should be very, very close to what I've done.

First of all, your device will need to be rooted
You will also need access to the shell. ezdiy's tool here can take care of this.
Once you're able to ssh into the device, type each of the following commands:

Code:
sudo mount -o rw,remount /ebrmain
sudo nano /ebrmain/config/device.cfg.gen
Now change the line "have_opds=0" to "have_opds=1"
Save the file and exit, and again type the command:

Code:
sudo nano /ebrmain/config/device.cfg
Change the line "have_opds=0" to "have_opds=1" in this file too
Save it, exit nano and reboot the device.

Upon reboot, open the library and you should now have the "Network Libraries" option in the dropdown.
Select it, press the plus sign on the top right, add a URL to an OPDS library and Bob's your uncle...

Leave a comment if this worked for you
Drummas is offline   Reply With Quote