View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 03:05 PM   #175
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
The homogenization of eBooks is one of the things I dislike the most. I like when different books by the same author use different styles. Often, that style is related to the story, theme, genre, etc.
EDIT:
You do realise that mobi books don't have CCS and limited fonts and no embedded fonts and the newer Kindles by default use an Amazon font.
Many epub apps ignore embedded fonts and most of the CSS.
People use KOReader because ir allows fine-grained CSS and even HTML overrides.

Exactly which authors do you mean?

End Edit.

I guess that's your preference. Most people want clean easy to see words. Perhaps happy with a different style of chapter heading per series or genre.

Styles tend to vary by publisher more than by author. Sticking penguins at each chapter head is rather irrelevant to the content.

The bulk of my 3000 approx paper books only really change a bit by era or publisher. Most do not have drop caps, small cap first paragraph leadins or obviously different fonts.

I see more variation on ebooks today.

Last edited by Quoth; 02-16-2024 at 03:37 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote