View Single Post
Old 02-07-2024, 08:19 AM   #7
paperwhite13
Zealot
paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle PW3 [KOReader]
Got it, thank you. I see what you mean, but a lot of it is code bloat only if I put on my OCD hat (and I do have one). You even deleted comments In my other, non-OCD book code bloat is:

- code that slows down reading/loading in any perceptible, meaningful, quantifiable way;

- code that affects compatibility.

A lot of those are redundant, but does deleting/collapsing them have any meaningful impact? (And I don’t mean style-wise). Since they were most likely spit out automatically by InDesign, any time spent deleting comments for instance is production time bloat. I will always succumb to my OCD tendencies, but I don’t think anyone else who doesn’t is doing something wrong, unless the user experience is actually affected.
paperwhite13 is offline   Reply With Quote