View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 08:23 AM   #55
paperwhite13
Zealot
paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.paperwhite13 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle PW3 [KOReader]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Which fonts are you embedding? I've seen many eBooks that are embedding Adobe Garamond Pro. The problem is not that you cannot embed it. The problem is that the weight of the font is too light and for a lot of people, it's unreadable. There is not enough contrast. So you have to use fonts that either have enough contrast or you are not using these lightweight fonts too much.

Adobe Garamond Pro is a terrible font for an eInk screen. So using it as the body font does not work because of the poor contrast. That's what I mean when I say fonts may not work. They have to have the contrast needed for an eInk screen. The problem is that if you want to use a font that has enough contrast on eInk, it may be too heavy for the pBook. This is why you should not try to duplicate the pBook. An eBook is not a pBook. It doesn't always work.
It's not Garamond Pro, but I'm not telling you what it is, you're just gonna have to trust me on this
paperwhite13 is offline   Reply With Quote