View Single Post
Old 02-02-2024, 05:41 AM   #20
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I have an Elipsa and had a reMarkable. I find the 10.9″ matt screen TCL NxtPaper 11 best for PDFs, Manga, comics and graphic novels. Though with all the "reading enhancements" turned off. Has 128 G flash, 4G RAM, Android 13 and mine has a 256G SD card set as 'portable storage' so I can use it direct with PC if needed. A 1200 x 2000 screen, but true colour, so in some circumstances better than 14 grey, black and white eink 300 dpi though the mono resolution is about 220 dpi.
The Scribe might be slightly better for pure B&W PDFs, but then there is the strange Amazon system for annotation. Xodo and the TCL T-Pen annotates PDFs fine. The Android 13 Gboard has local non-slurp mode for handwriting to text too which works with T-Pen better than finger or dumb stylus.

EDIT
The MTP works with Calibre as long as you use a near empty SD-Card to start and then check the directories/folders for Calibre to use. Calibre can send each file type to a different location on main memory or SD card. Both Kindle App and Google Playbooks let me use SD Card for storage and the Kindle App supports Print Replica.

Last edited by Quoth; 02-02-2024 at 05:46 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote