View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 05:26 PM   #43
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwhite13 View Post
Thank you all for your replies! I understand your reasoning, especially if the TOC gets generated at the end, but keeping in mind my case -- I already have the TOC generated from InDesign, what would be wrong about using this? Wouldn’t it be semantically correct? I though I was just getting the hang of this

Code:
h1 {
	font-family:"Font1", sans-serif;
	font-size:2em;
	font-style:normal;
	font-weight:normal;
	border-width:0;
	margin-bottom:5%;
	margin-left:0;
	margin-right:0;
	margin-top:10%;
	text-align:center;
	text-indent:0;
	padding:0;
}
h1.chapter-no {
	font-family:"Font2", serif;
	font-size:1em;
	margin-bottom:0;
	margin-top:5%;
}
------------------
<h1 class="chapter-no">1.</h1>
<h1 id="_idParaDest-3"><a id="_idTextAnchor005"></a>>Chapter Title</h1>
Not all devices/apps use your ToC; some create their own ToC dynamically based on your headings.

In your case it would see two <h1>s in a row.

Depending on your target market you may not see any problem at all…. Or it could look kinda ugly.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote