View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 12:59 PM   #20
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Having said that, text-align:left is perfectly fine under certain circumstances, like forcing a left-alignment for stylistic purposes. Setting default font weight and size is also perfectly acceptable...it sets a baseline from which you can change with specific classes. Are they necessary - maybe not, but are they wrong - no.
Ooo, you'd better hope Hitch doesn't see the left-alignment bit.

In my opinion as a reader of ebooks, I think specifying "normal paragraph" text alignment, font weight and size is just as wrong as not using semantic tags where appropriate and such details should be left to the rendering software / end user partnership, with the rendering software giving high weight to end user preferences.

(JSWolf's "... all have to go. They are excess code" comment was in the context of a "normal paragraph". I have also experienced the large first letter problems he describes on kindles. In addition, they play havoc with word search reseults.)
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote