View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 12:00 PM   #27
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
Consolas and Lucida Console are great for exactly that...a monospaced console/text editor/etc.

As you noted, Courier is right for the "old fashioned" feel of telegrams, but if I want to display computer output in an eBook, I use a sans-serif like Myriad, so that it looks similar to what people see on actual computer screens today. Even in a book set in the 1960s, it seems to feel OK without using a fixed-pitch font.
I need serif fonts in my terminal windows and also hate to think of having to deal with proportional spacing there.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote