View Single Post
Old 01-31-2024, 10:42 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Nice clear explanations in your second post. I'm definitely in the "Keep the tags simple" camp and tend to default to naked tags, though I know some members believe that is a throwback to the 90's? (I don't really know what that means so it'd be nice if someone explains why that is. I **think** it was DNSB that said it, could be wrong...)

That Printer's key, I thought that was the Release number or print run. So if the "1" is visible, then the pbook is the first release / edition / print run; "2" is the second print run etc. Is that not the case?

And I disagree with the enlarged first letter comment. I've never seen it as a problem. The enlarged first letter is the start of a chapter or scene bread, so there is nothing above it to interfere with.
In most cases, the large first letter with make that line have a different line-height from the rest of the paragraph on a Kindle. There's no way to fix that even if you edit the eBook's code.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote