View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 12:37 PM   #59
Arconte
Enthusiast
Arconte began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx TUC
Well men, just said what MY OPINION IS, but besides being MINE, I think there are good points sustaining it. But what can I argue against comments like this?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Also, what is the beauty of reading? Reading is reading. Personally, I do not find any beauty in sitting down with a book with my eyes glued to the pages.
Apache
If this is your definition of reading, then I understand all your opinions about reading and books 😉

In a last attempt to make me understand, I am going to compare what IT IS FOR ME to read a book than listening to an audiobook: it's like watching a good movie, compared to watch a Marvel movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
It is by far the fiercest forum I log into. Which was quite a surprise to me for a forum dedicated to reading. Very few people cut anybody any slack here. So you gotta have thick skin to participate. I do not think this is due to any inherent maliciousness. I think it is because most people here are pretty damn intelligent. And with that usually comes solidity in one's beliefs, a willingness to state those beliefs, pretty decent debate abilities, and a lot of self confidence. Really, these are all good traits. But you don't want to step into the middle of them if you're a wiener. You seem to be doing quite well thus far , but I was just giving you my insights since you are new here (welcome!)
Thank you for your words, Haertig. Another good way to say a certain part of what you said it could be: "People in this forum shouldn't have such a thin skin when comments are said countering their opinions", but as I think it is going to be easier, I am going to have a thick skin 😁

Well, now that I come to say my opinion, and punched the nest again with a stick with the Marvel movie fact, I can go peacefully.

See you
Arconte is offline   Reply With Quote