View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 11:40 AM   #55
Noodle
Noodle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Am I doing something wrong?

Using Calibre 7.3 Portable under Windows 10, I've imported the "Editor Chains" plugin and can successfully run my macro from within the editor GUI (ebook-edit-portable.exe).

But when I try to run my action from the command-line using this command line:
Code:
calibre-debug.exe --run-without-debug -r "Editor Chains" "myMacroName" "currentFilename.epub" "newFilename.epub"
I get this error:
Code:
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\Non-Admin\\Downloads\\~Books\\~Tools\\CALIBRE\\Calibre Settings\\plugins\\Goodreads.zip'
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\Non-Admin\\Downloads\\~Books\\~Tools\\CALIBRE\\Calibre Settings\\plugins\\KoboTouchExtended.zip'
QPixmap: Must construct a QGuiApplication before a QPixmap
I have set the CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY environment variable pointing to my portable "Calibre Settings" folder and can invoke the editor, the Calibre GUI, etc. in debug mode so I believe that calibre-debug.exe is otherwise functioning.

Removing the --run-without-debug flag produces the same end result, only with traceback information for the plugins (none of which are used by my macro) and an additional error "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ConfigParser'" before the QPixmap error.

Any suggestions what I should try next? The plugin is a great time-saver within the editor, and it would save me even more if I could script it to run on multiple books...
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote