View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 05:03 PM   #75
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The quiet is nice. The quiet is one of the major reasons I don't like watching television.
I consider mindless television white noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
To bring back Joy & Delight, as a kid, I loved movie novelizations (and to a lesser extent, I still do). Star Wars and especially The Hobbit*, The Dark Crystal and Gremlins.

I realized reading those books let me spend more time in worlds/stories that I already loved and gave me a richer experience than just watching the film alone.

It's a shame the way they have faded. They were a good way to get a book into the hands of a reluctant reader.

*I'm well aware The Hobbit is not a novelization. But I did see the animated version before I read the book.
I used to buy and read novelizations when I was a kid, before videotapes. It was a way to hold on to and reexperience the movie--not very satisfactory, but at least it was something. I think I still have a few of those paperbacks.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote