View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 01:59 PM   #63
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I expect I'll gradually get back in the habit, but for now, the quiet is nice too.
The quiet is nice. The quiet is one of the major reasons I don't like watching television.

I go in waves with audiobooks. I'll have a stretch where I listen every time I go out for a walk or get in the car, but then I'll have a stretch where I don't bother. And I don't think it reflects the quality or the enjoyment level of whatever book(s) I'm listening to; I think it's mostly that I bring a new appreciation for the experience to whichever one I change to. The exceptions are listening in bed (almost every night) and while swimming (always, but summertime only).

That said, while I value the experience of listening to audiobooks and derive great pleasure from it, I prefer reading and won't listen if I could be reading instead. However, there are certainly books I prefer in audio and I won't read them.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote