View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 10:23 AM   #6
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Sherlock Holmes short stories, "The Adventure of the Speckled Band" and "The Adventure of the Empty House".

The Mystery of the Yellow Room by Gaston Leroux.
And these stories are all available via the Patricia Clark Memorial Library of MobileRead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
There are several Father Brown locked room mysteries; I remember especially "The Arrow from Heaven". He's sure to be represented in your collections.
I should return to reading him. I remember reading "The Secret Garden" in "The Innocence of Father Brown" while in high school -- and being shocked at the revelation of the killer. I was sure Chesterton had broken some rule about mysteries -- but that was OK with me. (Some rules are meant to be broken.)
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote