View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 12:59 AM   #10
Bookwise
Bookwise began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Lightbulb Possible Change that could Fix This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This being amazon, they probably broke it deliberately. They have been gradually making it harder and harder to get third party content onto kindles. The direction of travel is pretty clear.

I wonder if a good way to fix this would be to change the login method. Right now it uses that pop up login menu, but if there was an actual built page then it could let us put in the user and pass there.
Like I think the core of the issue is that the updated kindle browser will not let that pop up login happen anymore.

So if there was a "http........:8080/login" page that we could use to authentic to the server and then it could redirect to the /Mobile page after logging in, or something. Then it might work. It is just that pop up login that is not happen anymore. But a actual web page that could do the login might work.

Thought?

Sidenote: This would also fix the issue I have were sometimes on my phone that login popup fails and then closes and I have to clear my cache and cookies to get it back. But if there was a specific site I could go to that would let me click a login then it wouldn't have that pop-up giving me issues.
Bookwise is offline   Reply With Quote