View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 01:16 PM   #34
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm going to be the weird woman here, but I LIKE reading reviews about ARCs, I have no problem with reviews, I'm able to read comments and see if it's a real comment or a fan thing. I don't go to goodreads for the curated edition about books that I would get in a newspaper, I go to see what people think about a book, and I don't expect the same accuracy in ratings that I would expect in a physic work.
I also like reading reviews of ARCs. There are times when those reviews have led me to decide whether to buy a book when it released or to put it into when and if it goes on sale for a low price column.

What I really object to are the reviews and ratings of books that don't yet exist and often will never exist. As in one trilogy where GoodReads has reviews and ratings of the 4th book. Oddly, the author stated on her webpage that there would not be a fourth book since the first two books did not sell that well and the third book was only published since it had already been mostly written and she felt the readers who purchased the first two books deserved to have the story finished. Since she shuffled off this mortal coil a few years back, the chances of that 4th book are even slimmer now.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote