View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 12:02 AM   #133
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
I never tried Smart Device method, but after a quick look at the FAQ it looks like Smart device connects to a running Calibre via WiFi and downloads the selected books (like an eInk reader).
That’s why all your books are in the “all downloaded books” folder and you don’t see anything else if not connected - you have downloaded the books only!

So CS did nothing wrong, only as stated.

You need to select a new library via "select from device storage" and copy the Calibre library folder accordingly. I have never tried this either and don't know how CS deals with the fact that the ePubs are physically located in internal storage.

If I were you, I would try it all out with a very small test library

Edit:
According to https://calibresync.bitbucket.io/int...s/#usb-storage internal storage shouldn’t be a problem

Last edited by Wiggo; 12-05-2023 at 12:17 AM.
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote