View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 03:47 PM   #61
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
There's 'evidence' for everything on the Internet. I am not going to waste time looking for it. I would not trust any study of something like this in any case, one way or the other.

I'm perfectly happy to try something out for awhile to see if it appeals to me, which is what I'm doing.

I think for example the 'blue light' studies are junk, and 'warm light' feature holds little value for me. I tried it out, don't like it, don't use it.
Are you Dyslexic?

Which "blue light" studies? There are ones that thought it kept you awake and ones that claimed it didn't. None claimed it damaged your eyes (at least no serious study). It turns out that people might like a more amber light, but that's not the same thing. It's also true that doing stimulating viewing or reading vs say reading Trollop's Doctor Thorne makes it harder to get to sleep.

By all means enjoy using the fonts. However there are ways of testing remedial ideas for Dyslexia and ways of weeding out placebo effects (coloured filters may be a placebo). There are real studies and real science, don't mock everything just because the Internet and media particularly is full of noise, junk, fake snake oil etc.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote