View Single Post
Old 11-13-2023, 08:09 AM   #2
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
So I've figured how to get the command line to work moments after creating this thread.

I was running commands on Calibre Portable installation, and getting no "KFX Output" plugin found error. Running them on installed Calibre version fixed that.

Generated .KFX files open on Kindle, are formatted properly, and even have cover and thumbnail when -d command is used. As far as I know this is now the best best possible way to display PDF files on Kindle Scribe.

Now I'm just wondering what happens to quality during conversion.
File sizes from .KFS to .KFX roughly halve when using Comics option in Kindle Create to pack images. While if I pack the same images into PDF before, and I then use Print Replica option in Kindle Create, they end up being roughly the same size.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote