Thread: PW5 Downgrading firmware
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 03:40 AM   #1
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Downgrading firmware

Thanks to the LanguageBreak I'm finally going to jb my new kindle...
The problem is, I liked the old user interface I had on my older one way better.

Correct me if I am wrong, though: it is a serious brick risk to install a firmware of a release older than the first one ever released for a specific device, right?

That is, if my kindle was initially sold to the public with fw 5.14.3, it is risky to put 5.12.1 on it, right?

Shall it brick, it is not guaranteed at all that it could be unbricked without tearing it apart, is that correct?
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote