View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 04:43 PM   #7
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you look closely, you can see some words have letters closer together in the RMSDK version due to better kerning.

There is a problem with hyphenation on a Kobo. I've fixed it. But you need to install a different hyphenation dictionary. Would you please do this and make another screen compare with the same text as you've done? Thanks.

The dictionary is here. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=252405 Unzip the contents of the ZIP file and put KoboRoot.tgz in the .kobo directory. Then you will have a better English hyphenation dictionary.
I downloaded it (US-EN) and installed it and in principle the hyphens are the same. I don't know if something else needs to be done. Just copied the file and restarted.

The file in my Kobo is the same as in the package:
Code:
tar tvf KoboRoot.tgz
drwxr-xr-x kobo/kobo         0 2011-10-03 20:30 ./
drwxr-xr-x root/root         0 2012-05-28 23:49 ./usr/
drwxr-xr-x root/root         0 2012-10-15 16:12 ./usr/local/
drwxr-xr-x root/root         0 2012-10-15 16:12 ./usr/local/Kobo/
drwxr-xr-x build/build       0 2012-10-11 21:28 ./usr/local/Kobo/hyphenDicts/
-rwxrwxrwx 0/0          335439 2020-07-04 23:03 ./usr/local/Kobo/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic
jospalau is online now   Reply With Quote