View Single Post
Old 09-26-2023, 10:30 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Downgrade Glowlight 3?

I see on the XDA forum that folks have links to various versions of Glowlight 3 firmware downloads. I would like to "downgrade" my Glowlight 3 and Glowlight Plus (6") to a version that still has hyphens and reasonable font sizes. One of the Glowlight 3s is on 49.2.36 firmware (I believe) and it has hyphens and better sized fonts selections – but if there is newer firmware (like 50.x.x) that still has the hyphens, that might be better.

Now the really dumb questions. I have firmware downloaded. Do I just open the file and copy everything to the root directory of the Glowlights? Then just reboot? Or there a special procedure for doing this?

Once I've "downgraded" (if I can manage that) is there a way to keep the Nook from upgrading automatically? — which would allow me to sync with Nook while keeping the older firmware. It seems like you have to give the Nook permission to upgrade, but I'm not positive about that. Right now I've got two Glowlight 3s, one I keep on the older software and don't sync it, and the other I use for downloading my books — but I would just as soon get down to one Glowlight 3.

Sorry to ask dumb questions. I've been going over the information on XDA, but they're more interested in TWRP (?) and rooting, etc. — I just want to get back to hyphens and a decent font size.

Thanks for any pointers or information.

EDIT: I guess I have one more dumb question. Will these update files just update or will they reset everything and make me re-register (and update?) when I sync with B&N?

Last edited by rcentros; 09-26-2023 at 10:34 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote