View Single Post
Old 09-05-2023, 06:44 AM   #11
NotSimone
Book Enjoyer
NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NotSimone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If this is not a beta version, the attachment in the first post needs to be replaced with this one and this attachment removed.

Also, the first post should be reformatted so calibre picks it up and adds it to the list.
Sorry first time writing a Calibre plugin (and posting on this forum!). How do I edit a post?

Quote:
I've tried both versions and neither version works for me. I get no covers downloaded. I've tried both USA and UK.
Ahh I never tried downloading only covers so I never ran into this when testing. Its an issue related to picking up new cover urls that haven't been cached yet by the metadata download. I've fixed it and attached an updated version this reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Personally, I prefer returning the original image. I don't need the plugin resizing it and then resizing it again to fit my choice for cover sizes.
I agree here but tbh I have no idea how to get the original image from Kobo. Personally I think that whatever re-scaling algorithm they're using seems pretty good to my (not particularly discerning) eyes. If you ever figure it out, I'm happy to whack it in.

Quote:
Why is Kobo Metadata showing up in identifiers (in Book details)? It should not be there.
It looks like this happens with all metadata fetchers as long as it can generate a url from its identifier. Since I'm using the isbn as the identifier, the link will appear as long as you have the isbn set.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboMetadata.zip (4.0 KB, 180 views)
NotSimone is offline   Reply With Quote