View Single Post
Old 08-28-2023, 08:30 PM   #41
OregaNooo
OregaNooo began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
This looks like a neat idea, I'm testing it out! Though I have a few questions:

I'm a bit slow, so I wanted to make sure I understood how it works

Reading progress setting:
  • I created a #gr_percentage column for goodreads sync (with percentage value), so I just used this (since progress is shown in percentages in ereader).
  • I guess this doesn't sync to goodreads, or your ereader, and it has to be entered manually?

Status date (date) config setting: what does this correlate to? It looks like goodreads has start date, and end date (for each time reading a book), are there other statuses?

Page count: integers - How is this different than progress? Is this total page count of the book?

Genre: I haven't figured how I want this set up, so I'm not really sure what to ask yet. Previously I created a column to enter genre manually like so Fiction.Mystery, Fiction.Fantasy, Fiction.Mystery.Cozy But I guess now I can grab them as metadata via GR sync or other sources. I'm avoiding using the Tags column because all kind of muck can end up there. I'm not sure how to approach it yet.

I'm syncing with both Goodreads and Library Thing. I'm testing both out, not sure if I will stick with one or both. I have four plugins right now syncing calibre between the two sites: Goodreads, goodreads sync, and now reading goal, as well as LibraryThing Match plugin, and that could get a little messy if I'm not careful.
OregaNooo is offline   Reply With Quote