Thread: Footnote issue
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 11:40 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Looking at it, ADE and Sigil on my PC can go to the link but there is no backlink. On my Kobo using Nickel/RMSDK, I can tap on the link and it goes to the footnote but I need to tap in the middle of the page to bring up the position slider and tap on the location I came from to return. In the quoted bit below notice the forward link which is bolded and the lack of a back link in the footnote itself.

Quote:
<p>For the rest, the whole agave family thrives at Mentone; the <i>ferox</i> is particularly well represented; one misses, among others, that delightful <i>medio-picta</i> variety, of which I have noticed only a few indifferent specimens. [<a href="7631136651209404375_7380-h-6.htm.html#id_1" class="pginternal">1</a>] It is the same with the yuccas;
Quote:
<p><a id="id_1">1.</a> There exists a fine one, but you must go to San Remo to see it.</p>
As to why the links are showing in the right or left margin, unless that is a quirk of KOReader, not sure why it would be happening.

Otherwise, the book is the usual jam everything into too few text files that Gutenberg is so fond of and the CSS is the usual Gutenberg mess. I think one of Sigil's footnote manipulation plugins would be of some help with fixing the backlinks but haven't used them in a couple of years so not certain.

And if some kindly greenie would move these messages to either the epub forum where I think it belongs or to the KOReader forum?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote