View Single Post
Old 05-05-2023, 07:08 AM   #53
Tommalka
Enthusiast
Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tommalka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by InStim View Post
Thank you for the tool. I too avoided patching before, and your tool made it easy and removed any intimidation.

I have two suggestions that came to mind from my use.

In light of the long lists of patches I often found myself doubting what I have chosen. Two approaches to help come to mind. A button to toggle showing only the currently selected patches. Another approach might be to have a confirmation with the Run button to list the selected patches with Cancel/Continue buttons, before the patch is generated. I know there is the skip/applied in the generation output. I'd appreciate knowing easily while working.

When using the Export File button, after selecting the directory if it could state in the output something such as: "Please wait: Copy started." In my initial use I almost ejected the reader in my eagerness before the copy completed.

Thanks for the consideration, and thanks again for your work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by InStim View Post
Another quick thought. An Eject Device button on the Generate Patch tab might be convenient.
Thanks for the insights, these are great ideas that I definitely want to implement! I don't know to what extent I can access the eject function under Windows and Linux, but will have a look at it.
Tommalka is offline   Reply With Quote