View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 05:17 AM   #18
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
@Kindlefere, thanks for the new version!

There is one issue that I have run into several times. Sometimes translation progress stops because the plugin "failed to retrieve data from translate engine API" (I'm using Google). Also all retries fail. I noticed that in all cases where this occurred the plugin was trying to fetch the translation for a long paragraph (>500words). I managed to work around the issue by editing the epub to break up these paragraphs in shorter ones. Translation then completed correctly. But it would be nice if there is something you can do about this issue.

I have also noticed that when I rerun a translation job after editing the epub only a part of what was already translated is picked up from the cache. E.g. 1000 units were translated in the first run before the process stopped because of a long paragraph, and after splitting the paragraph and restarting the translation, only 500 units are picked up from the cache. Is this something that can be improved?

And finally I have one enhancement request: can you add an option to set the default target language to something other than English?
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote