View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 05:49 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Zetmolm - I would try giving calibre a dedicated directory for its temporary files via the CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR Environment variable.

On Windows I have it set to C:\_AppData\Calibre\Temp.

And, on Windows this 'feature' was introduced a while back, presumably because MacOS has something similar. I suspect on newish systems it's turned on by default.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-05 074139.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	200786

Added: such features have been known to pull the rug out from under the feet of a long running application. What might make sense on a fiddle-fone OS, doesn't necessarily make sense on a desk/laptop OS.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-04-2023 at 05:58 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote