View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 11:43 AM   #40
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The only Sanderson book I've yet read is Elantris and my opinions of it pretty much match what the article states. Elantris was original, I've not read another fantasy like it. And the characters were stronger than I expected. But in the end... I dunno. I didn't like it much and won't go out of my way to pick up more of his work.
I liked Elantris. Went off a bit at the end, but I finished it, which means for me it was pretty good. I find his other stuff too long, but IMO he can write. He's talented.

In addition, he has publicly criticized audible for screwing authors. He has a bunch of lecture series on youtube and podcast about writing that are very good. There's a lot worse than Sanderson, for sure.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 03-31-2023 at 11:51 AM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote