View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 01:41 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I'm not a huge fan of Sanderson, but I've read and liked several of his books. None of them is in my top ten favorites or even in my top hundred, but I enjoyed them. Good storytelling is what I want from the books I read; I don't care about their literary worth or any clever wordplay.

As to the article... meh. I'm afraid I almost fell asleep reading it. And I kind of failed to see its point. Yeah, so what if Sanderson isn't any kind of literary genius? Obviously he is a great entertainer and gives a lot of readers exactly what they want: a good, entertaining story. Why should there be something wrong with that?

But I certainly don't feel like I should go out on a crusade to refute what the article says. Yeah... so what. Yawn.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote